June 3, 2012

Week 16

  Baby is the size of an avocado! I have definitely felt much more movement and fluttering. This started at the beginning of week 15. It’s not consistent, only happens every once in a while, and feels like muscle twitches. At one point I could have sworn the baby was doing summersaults in there, it's a pretty unbelievable feeling. The doctor said I'll start feeling more consistent movement starting week 18. Speaking of doctors, I was able to switch to a doctor that was recommended to me by a friend, so Canh and I are really excited! Our experience up until this point has been disheartening to say the least. I mean when you walk into your doctor's office and you’re asked why you’re there, and all other appointments follow the same way, it starts to get frustrating and puts a little damper on your pregnancy. So, if you can only imagine how thrilled we are to meet our new doctor and finally experience enjoyable monthly visits with someone who actually cares. Anyways, most mornings I still wake up in disbelief. This whole journey has been so surreal and I can't believe all the things my body is capable of, I mean I have another human being growing inside of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment