August 23, 2012

Growth Spurt

This week has been challenging so far. No matter how much you try to enjoy pregnancy, there will always be those weeks where it just gets to be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting {it's inevitable, so you just have to roll with the punches}.I'm going through another major growth spurt, which has made me a little more crabby than usual. I’m constantly uncomfortable and the lack of sleep is only adding to my lethargic and unmotivated attitude. Bar class is progressively getting harder and as far my afternoon workouts go, I’m surprised I’ve even gotten myself out of the house. I’ve skipped out on swimming and decided it’s more of a walking week for me. Besides, the weather has actually been bearable, so I haven’t felt the need to soak in water for the greater part of the day. Now if only the weather could stay this way for the rest of summer, it would really help out my situation. For now I’ll just enjoy it while it lasts.
I’m also starting to feel a lot more forceful movement. Coincidently, the little guy only likes using me as a punching bag when I’m sleeping. I think it’s his subtle way of saying, “Welcome to motherhood, mom!” I'm also noticing a hard protruding bump that'll  constantly appear throughout the day. I imagine this is either his head or butt pushing up aganist me. He's actually jabbing the crap out of my ribs at this very moment!
Although it’s been a rough week all around, I have plenty to look forward to. Especially my baby shower this Sunday, which Christina has been planning and talking about for months now. She has literally handmade just about everything for the shower, and I couldn’t be more thankful and appreciative for all her hard work. I’m going to enjoy the shit out of this shower, and I’m sure everyone else will too!
{It's a sad day when you used to be able to run a 5 mile lake and can barely make it to a mile now}
{#TBT #familylove #studmuffins}

No comments:

Post a Comment