October 26, 2012

Daily Reading

So this week I picked up two books that I've become absolutely engrossed in :
With all the labels being thrown around at kids these days, it got me thinking, where is this all coming from? I know I grew up getting all my vaccines and turned out just fine, but when you have or are about to have your own child you start to question everything. I plan on playing an active role in my child’s medical care, so I want to be as informed and educated as possible in order to make the best decision for our baby. I refuse to just “go with the flow”.  I love this book because Dr Sears doesn’t push you in any one direction. He makes it clear that he is pro vaccine and states his opinions, but his goal is to give you all the pros and cons of vaccination so that you can be more comfortable with whatever decision you make. All the research provided is presented in laments terms and he even breaks down all the ingredients in the vaccines. Super informative and interesting and I highly recommend it for any parent or soon to be parent who feels uncertain or uneasy by the topic.
At this point in my pregnancy, I found the less I talk or visualize about my birth the easier it is for my mind to wander off. My doula recommended this book, and I'm so thankful she did. It's exactly what I need, especially during these last couple of weeks, to help focus my mind.  It’s filled with inspirational birth stories that help strengthen my spirit as I prepare for Cain's birth. It’s extremely encouraging and a great reminder about the true capacities of the female body. I’m all about positive affirmations at this point and this book delivers just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment