October 12, 2012

My sweet babe

A year ago today Canh, my family, and I made one of the hardest decisions ever-to put down our sweet baby Cali. After 6 long years of vigorous vet visits, Cali finally made it clear that she was tired, and who could blame her. Canh and I were with her during those last few moments, and as we both cried and held her, we let her know how much we loved her and that everything would be okay. Cali in turn let out one last big breath- a sigh of relief, and in that moment I knew we had done the right thing and she was in a better place. It was her way of telling us that she was going to be okay. As heartbroken as we were, all of us were so happy and relieved that she was finally…finally not suffering. I will never forget her sweetness and love her more than she’ll ever know. She was my sweet little babe and always will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment