This week was pretty eventful. We started off my 24th birthday festivities with lunch at Whiknladle, which I've been dying to try, but never got around to. I ordered the summer salad and it was phenomenal! During my pregnancy I haven't been craving a lot of the food I'm used to eating such as soups, salads, and just healthy food in general, so this was such a pleasant surprise. The salad was so light and fresh and the chicken was plump and juicy with perfectly crisp skin. This was followed with an equally delicious desert of mocha beignets {holy yum!} There's no better way of describing this desert than a little taste of chocolaty heaven. I’ve had dreams about it ever since, and luckily was given a free desert card for next time. Lunch was followed by dinner at 3rd Corner with my family, where I enjoyed a succulent plate of pan seared scallops. I have been craving scallops for the past month, so I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of dinner that night!
Saturday is when the real party started and Canh warned...more like declared he was getting drunk that night. The man puts a whole new meaning to "living it up" before the baby comes. I think we're both enjoying these last few months as much as we possibly can, so I don't blame the guy for wanting to party {haha}. I want to thank everyone that came out last night, I really appreciate everyone being there it really made my night. What also made my night was the delicious calamari that I have been fiending for all week. I’m not typically a huge fan of calamari, but Ebisu’s is perfect. Not fishy at all, crispy, crunchy batter, and a sauce that can be eaten with just about anything. It’s so delicious, it even served as a great dip for pretzels. I’ve always gotten pretty excited when it comes to food, but that feeling has intensified during pregnancy, and I swear everything tastes so much better!







No comments:
Post a Comment