We have finally settled on a name for our baby boy and it's officially Cain Paxton Nguyen. We couldn't be more excited or content with our decision. After playing the name game for several months and enduring everyone's opinions {both good and bad} we’re more than confident with our decision. We just kept coming back to this name over and over again. We felt that Cain was not only strong and masculine, but also classic {it is a biblical name}, short, easy, and unique {in the sense that it's not commonly used}. Then came the middle name. We really had no idea where to even start. It was hard enough trying to come up with a first name let alone a middle name. We considered not having a middle name altogether, and friends suggested we pick a name of familial significance. The only problem with this was both our families have extremely foreign and hard names to spell let alone pronounce, so we knew that was off the table. Then Canh mentioned the name Paxton. I thought it was interesting and loved the fact that it had an "x" in it because I had been looking into every possible name with an "x". I'm not sure what my infatuation with this letter was at that moment, but after several weeks of thinking it over we finally had his name picked out!
If there is one thing I’ve learned from this experience it’s how incredibly personal this entire process is. There is so much love and thought that goes into choosing a name, that there really is no room for negative opinions from anyone. It’s the one time I feel some things are better left unsaid and everyone should just support the parent’s-to-be decision. Having my baby boy’s name picked out makes it that much more real!


No comments:
Post a Comment