September 28, 2012

In memory of my Grandma

I’ve had a week to reflect on the passing of my grandmother. It’s the first non tragic death I’ve experienced, so that alone has steered my typical feelings of trauma, anger, and resentment toward a more understanding perspective. It definitely reiterates how unbelievable the circle of life really is. I am a firm believer that, “from every ending comes a new beginning”. It’s just crazy to think that one minute life can cause so much pain and anguish and in the next moment fill your heart with so much love and happiness. I was really hoping she would be able to meet my son, but I know she'll be watching over him regardless. I am truly blessed to have had my grandmother in my life for as long as I did. Although I only saw her a handful of times, every moment was special and every memory will be cherished for the rest of my life. It’s a blessing to be able to live such a long and fulfilling life the way she did, with a huge loving family by her side. I can only hope and pray for the same for myself as well as my own family. I think that’s why I see her death in a peaceful way. Yes, at the end of the day death is inevitably sad, but when you think of her life and everything she lived through and experienced, it’s full of happiness, and there’s no way anyone can be sad about that. All of this has definitely made me think about my son and the relationship I want him to have with his grandparents. He will be fortunate enough to have all four of his grandparents in his life and I couldn’t be more thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment