So this week I had my first terrifying thought about giving birth. I’ve been very confident throughout my entire pregnancy and how I envision my birth, but I’m only human and I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a part of me that’s a little nervous. My thought…this baby is coming out of me one way or another and there’s no stopping it! After talking this over with my doula and several friends, they all reassured me this feeling is totally normal and they felt the same way as they got closer to their due date.
Since I’ve gotten so much negative feedback about wanting to have a natural birth, I’ve decided I’m going to start flipping the script on people from here on out. The next time I hear a horrific birth story {it seems as though everyone trys to one up the other person with how horrific their birth was} or someone telling me I don’t know what I’m in for and I’ll end up getting the epidural, I’m going to respond with, “How unfortunate that you remember the birth of your child in such a traumatic way” or “I can’t believe you weren’t a strong enough person to trust your body and your baby to know what to do”. Call me a hormonal b… I don’t care. I’m tired of people’s rude comments and asking about my birth plan, but then not wanting to hear it because they think I’m crazy. I don't sit there and judge people for the decisions they've made with their births. This all just adds fuel to the fire. {instantly feeling better after this mini vent sesh, haha}.
Anyways, Canh and I plan on putting together the car seat, stroller, ect.., today. I’m thinking I need to practice strapping in a couple of teddy bears before Cain gets here, so I know what I’m doing. My worst fear is being out in public and something going wrong with either the stroller or car seat and getting all flustered because I don’t know how to use it properly. I’m sure it’ll happen regardless in the beginning, but I’m trying to take preventative measures to avoid those kinds of situations.

No comments:
Post a Comment